Y combinator jobs

e1ouise

I have created a profile on y combinator and been applying for jobs , Also I have been reaching out to them , But until now I haven’t received any response back , for context I’m applying for hardware engineering roles which relatively would get less applicants. Any one observing a same trend ?

@e1ouise I don't think that the site actually works. Have a profile for two years now. No one ever replied a message. Not even a "no thank you".

@e1ouise YC founder here. I read every application and reach out to many, but the ones that write a personal note why they’re a fit certainly stand out in the crowd.

@e1ouise I did get a response from a hardware startup in last summers batch and had my profile open for about 8 months. I just think it’s a tool lot of cofounders don’t really use.

Honestly most folks are hiring through word of mouth/ their personal network.

@roundrock2023 My cold emails have been
- i notice you are hiring for this team for this role
- i have worked on these companies, used this tech and have been responsible for these impacts
- can we connect sometime this week to talk more?

A lot of times I didn’t share resume in my cold email or message and I always used streak to check who and when they opened my email