“Consigning” for a neighbor by selling his card collection on eBay and he has unrealistic expectations

@rockfish37 i think we have to assume, that after doing it for four years, the OP understands the tax implications of his business model. for the uninformed such as myself, what would be the "right" way to structure this tax-wise?

@rockfish37 OP has made it pretty clear that he's only profiting a percentage. Super easy for him to show only that percentage was his income and that he paid the rest to his client.

But sure, your assumptions about a very simple tax situation are absolutely relevant.

@ypjallday That would be great advice...except without hard tangible listings to verify, it's literally OP's opinion, not a demonstrable fact (not saying OP is even wrong, but without receipts, all we have is OP's conjecture...which I tend to trust but still...trust, but verify). OP, how about sharing some links so we can all chime in with an informed opinion? If you're assessment is accurate, which I can only assume it is, you'll get that as feedback and can share it with the client and let them see for themselves how far off the mark they are.