0 - 100 Subscribers in 6 days - Here's how I did it:

esther2286

Decided to launch a newsletter last week dedicated to a niche in sales. In the first 6 days, I reached 100 subscribers without using any paid ads or leveraging my personal network.

Here’s the website

Here’s how I did it:

February 3rd (0-22 subscribers)

- 6 comments on Reddit: One comment received over 30 upvotes and really drove the growth for the day

- 1 post on reddit (did okay)

February 4th (22-43 subscribers)

- 1 comment on reddit

- 2 shameless self promotion posts on reddit in relevant subreddits (honestly, this kinda worked)

February 5th (43-53 subscribers)

- Focused on other things, didn’t actively promote. My posts and comments from the past few days on Reddit were still kickin. A few more people signed up

February 6th (53-61 subscribers)

- Sent 150 connection requests to people in my target audience on Linkedin

- 46 people accepted the connection quest

- I sent 46 direct messages to each person that accepted

- 9 positive responses (30% connection acceptance rate, 6% reply rate (meh))

- Signed up for a free one month trial to Linkedin Sales Navigator

- Sent the same message to 100 different people in my target audience with inmail credits (the free ones)

- 12 positive replies (12% reply rate? I’ll take it)

February 7th (61-78 subscribers)

- 2 comments on reddit

- 1 self promo on reddit

More replies and sign ups roll in from the Linkedin messages I sent earlier.

February 8th (78-103 subscribers)

-1 comment on reddit

-1 shameless self-promo on reddit (Hey if it works, it works?! Probably the last one though)

This week was certainly a learning experience. And yes, you could chalk up some of my marketing strategies this week as sh*t posting, growth hacking, whatever your heart desires. I'm just having some fun with this while throwing a bunch of different 'stuff' at the wall to see what works and what doesn't. I'll be documenting the entire process of growing the newsletter with weekly updates. You can follow the journey here. Looking forward to learning more from this sub and if any of you have any questions about starting out, I'll do my best to help.