$20k in Sales with AppSumo Launch and no Marketing budget😌

coffeecor

3 months ago, we had $0 in sales, now we are crossing $20k⚡. In this post, I want to share:
  • How we got to $20k
  • How to get Selected AppSumo Launch
  • Pros and Cons launching on AppSumo Marketplace
Last few months we have been working hard on our Saas product JustBeepIt. The biggest issue was that we have no marketing budget, so we had to find other ways to promote it. This is how we landed on AppSumo

First of all, what is AppSumo?🤔 (for those who don't know)

AppSumo is a marketplace where bunch of software companies sell Life-Time subscriptions of their products.

Part 1. Getting into AppSumo Select🤩

We were able to get 1st spot on ProductHunt. This is important because it helped us to get into AppSumo Select program. You can launch on AppSumo with your own efforts by adding your own product there, or you can launch as part of their Selected program where they do all the marketing for you.

Part 2. Reviews✒️.

The most important factor on AppSumo are reviews. We currently stand at ⭐4.9 out of 5. Getting good reviews is hard, you really need to have a good product and be great at customer support. At one point we were close to 4.2😶‍🌫️(not good) but were able to climb up.

Part 3. Marketing Costs💸.

As said above, once you are in the Selected Program they pay for your ads and take all the marketing costs. They also have a huge mailing list which is a goldmine for sales.

Part 4. Their Revenue Shares💰.

Now obviously this is not a charity and they take a significant cut from your sales. From what I understand they deduct marketing costs and then divide the revenue. With that said we were left with ~25-30% from total sales. But is it still work it? Absolutely, and below I explain why.

Part 5. Is it still worth it?🤷🏼‍♂️

So, they take a huge cut as explained before, but here is why it is still worth it

We got close to 200 B2B from just launching

We understand our clients much better know

In the future we can develop additional products and upsell to existing clients

Our idea got validated and now we know people really need it

It is much easier for us now to seek outside investment to fund our marketing

Happy to answer any questions you have🙂

@coffeecor Hey Op, I'm building a tool to track developer intent signals across platforms like github, discord, stack over flow etc to help with lead generation for marketing team. We are catering first to dev tools by helping their marketing team make lead lists.

Felt you fit our TG - Let me know if we could chat. We are at https://www.readytobuy.dev/

Congrats and good luck!