3 days and $600 and a car detailing business is born

intheabyss

3 days ago my partner discussed wanting to start a side business cleaning cars.

We scoured the garage and storage unit. Stopped at Walmart and auto zone. Made an Amazon order. Got our plan and supplies together.

Made a Facebook and next door post.

We have 2 customers lined up already. 2 more customers and we will already be in profit.

Good luck out there. Start that business. Take the plunge.

We are super excited for what potential this could have.

Edit: first customer is super impressed. Ended up being a 5 hour job. We took a car that hadn't been cleaned in 5 years and made it shine. I'll see if I can post the video later

$400 of $600 recouped

@intheabyss Next, business liability insurance!!!

Because door every zillion happy customers with the level of work you do, there's always the super nitpicky that'll inspect your work under a magnifying glass.... (unless you're also the nitpicky type that does such level of detailing work... Eg toothpicks and q-tips for the door hinges, ultra thin microfiber to get between hinges, etc.)

@613jono Yea we are already planning on insurance. Especially if we wanna do buffs and ceramic coating and whatever.

We figured our risk was pretty minimal with just a wash dry and interior detail. This car today was going to be sold tomorrow and our next is a brother in law - safe enough.

My partner is the insane detail oriented person - we can handle nit picky.

All in all we are absolutely stoked. We will be in profit tomorrow! Not bad for a hair brained late night idea

@bellshelby For now we are using a shop vac. We found a really cool adapter kit at HD that has small fingers and different types. Does a good job reaching the tight spots

@zinyoro Literally just created a Facebook page. Made and shared a Facebook post.

Also put up a post on next door. Next door was what hit first

We put up a couple of pictures of our personal vehicles clean and got hits