3 days and $600 and a car detailing business is born

@neochristian Nope. We just acted like an established business. Next door has been the big driver of customers.

We just posted some nicely worded posts, dropped a few pics of personal cars and rolled the dice

@christie12 I had several other side hustles along with working a regular job and going to school/college. I was doing floor covering with my uncle on the evenings and weekends as well. So I was pretty much working all the time and both made me a lot of money at the time.

Also, I lived in the northeast, most only want thier cars detailed in the spring/summer/fall. In the winter it was mostly floor covering exclusively.

When I moved to Florida in 2005 I gave up the detailing side hustle as I was shocked that people were giving full details for $10-20. But again, I was not trying to turn it into a business as the time.

It’s still a great business especially once you identify your target market and provide great service. That will lead to more referrals and lifetime clients.

My side hustle now which I was doing full time up until the end of 2021 is video production (editing).

@godslove01 We aren't experts by any means.

Our plan is to do what we have from the start. Practice on the beater suv until you have it right.

Idk if we are really going to move into much wet sanding or not.. I feel like you need a shop to work in to do that. Plus I don't really want to deal with messing up someone's paint.

We will see what happens. Just a side gig for now. If it takes off, we will reevaluate at that time.

@intheabyss Do what you can with what you need now. Grow organically. Add tools once the opportunity arises to use them. I clean windows and have steadily invested in new equipment since I started in 2020 as a side hustle. Good luck!

@intheabyss Would you share your pricing structure and services offered? Been thinking about this idea, because I live in an area that lacks car washes and detailers, and there are a lot of people with money to pay for detailing their nice cars.