7 key pre-seed fundraising terms every startup founder must know

oluwayinka

🤑 7 key pre-seed fundraising terms every startup founder must know (based on YCombinator guide) 👇:
  1. Valuation (pre-money) - The value of a company prior to when investor money is added.
  2. Angel Investor - A (usually) wealthy private investor in startup companies.
  3. Equity Round - A financing round in which the investor purchases equity (stock) in the company.
  4. Common Stock - Capital stock typically issued to founders and employees, having the fewest, or no, rights, privileges and preferences.
  5. Preferred Stock - Capital stock issued in a company that have specific rights, privileges and preferences compared to the common stock. Convertible into common stock, either automatically (e.g., in an IPO) or at the option of the preferred stockholder (e.g., an acquisition).
  6. Convertible Note - This is a debt instrument that will convert into stock; usually preferred stock but sometimes common stock.
  7. Safe - Simple Agreement for Future Equity - Y Combinator’s replacement for convertible debt.
Have great rounds! 💸

Was it helpful?

@oluwayinka I just have an idea for a startup I know its revolutionary and can be useful for people but I don't know how to raise fund to start the business it's a online platform

@moforfra24 A kind suggest 😊.
Before thinking about investment do analysis on market, target audience and competitors as well as refining your idea because thinking about investment and all decrease confidence and we self doubt ourselves so put your efforts on building a product at Least a wired so that you gain some confidence. If tour product have scope investors will find you I steady you follow them.

@oluwayinka I just have an idea for a startup I know its revolutionary and can be useful for people but I don't know how to raise fund to start the business it's a online platform