After failing for years, I did it. My store is 9 days old w/ $18,631.19 in sales & a 62.57% profit margin

@joy1991 I always like to come and see what everyones ideas are. But I leave with what they did and I'm happy I got that info, rather than just "I sell XYZ and blah blah blah". Congrats on your success, I hope it continues to grow!

@joy1991 Great post! I dont understand How to use ImportYeti, every company i search has very vague info and No suppliers..i tried the companies ’Mous’ and ’case-mate’

@johnchoate183 I don’t know if it works for every company. I defiantly had issues finding some companies. People don’t seem to import under their common business name all the time

You might want to message the creator. He did a post asking people to test it in r/Shopify a few months back

@joy1991 Well done my man. I’ve been on a very similar journey to you - the amount of stuff you learn is unreal. It’s super rewarding isn’t it? You found the secret sauce which is to test and validate your idea so you are as cool as a cucumber pulling the trigger on a MOQ order. I went through an alpha/beta stage and got pre-orders to build capital, so I had broken even on cost of goods before I sent out anything. You did good keeping a small audience engaged, it really helped me and it matters a lot being so niche. What’s next for you?

@bean68 Yes — it is very rewarding : )

I’m going to work on really cementing myself in communities sand building out a social media presence

@joy1991 Great write-up here, thank you for sharing! And congrats on your success, you really deserve it for working so hard!

Although this would probably change a lot depending on the product, but how much customer service have you needed to do to make these sales and deal with after the sales. Like, not the marketing you wrote about, but once you put it up for sale, how much more was there to do in dealing with customers?

I'm considering making and selling a physical product as well, and I usually only read about the hard work leading up to the launch..but I doubt you can now just turn off your phone and sleep while the money is coming in.

@mosultima Not really any yet — but people are just getting my products in the mail. I’ll likely have a better understanding in a month or so.

This is “sweaty” startup not “passive” startup. I don’t think good things would happen if I took my food off the gas

@joy1991 Ah true. Yea you'll need to keep spreading the word about your product, and hopefully you're collecting email addresses too so you can eventually offer future products to your new audience.