Anyone know why YC/Garry Tan/ Paul Graham decided to side line Alexis Ohanian (co-founder of reddit)?

@pmsh I guess it was a bad breakup since Alexis called it out publicly… but I had never heard anything like there being bad blood

Was always a bit curious that both Garry and Alexis left Initialized as it seemed they had made some good traction

@sarahjones7 I think Garry still has some dealings with Initialised, but he probably had to take a back seat because he was appointed the President of YC.

Remember, YC's mantra is to always go full-time on your work/ideas, so I doubt it looked good that he was running both VC firms at the same time. There would've also been conflicting interests.

@pmsh I’ve been behind the scenes at these type of places. It’s
A very obvious falling out. If you’re GPs/keyholders at a fund you don’t speak publicly about your conflict like this ever. LPs will pick up the phone and start asking questions.

@pmsh There’s a book about it. Dicey falling out that has been mended and worked on and now complicated. They were probably just talking about the current iteration of Reddit. It has been a long time since Ohanian was involved.