Are SaaS owners open to "DaaS"?

@disciple777 I have no problem with this model.

There are people that charge $10/hour on Upwork and people that charge $100/hr. If you're a pro, you'll figure out the project management.

People here that hire designers for $15 on Upwork are not your customers. So you need to find out who your customers are - i.e. "funded early-stage startups that have cash to spend".

Subscription is a payment detail, not your service. Most people that want to do service-as-a-service focus heavily on the subscription aspect (even though it's pretty close to retainer). You sell reliable, fast, good design - so sell that, not subscription.

Your website:
  • You have no testimonials. Why should I trust you? People want to know if you're going to do stuff on time and be a professional. Convey that.
  • Feels like you have too many different CTAs. You should have one. Probably: "Book a Call"
  • Things like "streamlined workflow" don't mean anything. My laptop streamlines my workflow....
  • There is no sales flow on the page
  • Get rid of clutter - mostly no one cares about your tools, put it on a "How we work" page
  • Lots of empty space on desktop
  • Lack of capitalization makes it hard to read. Don't do that to me.
  • I don't know why, but many of these services copycat the "pause or cancel anytime" language. Why are you telling me that in your hero? Am I going to want to cancel...? You're talking about me cancelling within seconds of us "meeting".
  • I feel like your sections are cute rather than telling me what you sell
  • Things like the "what are you designing?" CTA are just confusing to look at (this is not good design!):
    • the new design button has the wrong cursor when I hover
    • the "try it" looks like the same kind of button, but does nothing
    • the "questions" block looks like a form field, but no, I have to click the email address
    • this CTA by itself does not work the way that I, a rando from the internet, would expect it to work

@zykiel It is a new model and I'm not saying I invented it, Design joy is actually my inspiration. The type of design I offer is more different and focused more on product design

@disciple777 The challenge with product/UX design is that you typically need to be embedded. Freelancing and “fractional” design leadership seems to be more attractive to customers for this reason. If you look at Brett’s work, he’s mostly attracting customers seeking out marketing oriented work (eg landing pages). I’m not saying this won’t work, but there seem to be a heck of a lot of product designers attempting to create “DesignJoy but for product design” lately.