B2B feels impossible

@tourist49
If your only goal is making millions, ride the AI wave. You'll learn fast, fail fast, & make money fast.

Or not...The AI hype is dying, and thousands upon thousands of chatgpt or midjourney wrappers are making $0.

But for learning experiences an AI app is perfectly fine to build. Hell, make yet another url shortener cause why not.

@kay_asmith Nope, AI hype isn't dying mate. Yes, its saturated.

But the 3rd wave is coming. AI Agents will be bigger than anything else that came before.

So you can learn how to build AI now & leverage that skill to go bonkers when AI Agents launch.

URL shortener will be an uphill battle in terms of distribution.

Making Novel apps with AI will be like running down a hill. Really easy to market if you make something novel & useful.

I think everyone should build for AI now because the world is paying attention to you before it actually saturates.

Fun fact: Most people don't even use ChatGPT daily.

@tourist49 I guess it doesn't hurt to build an AI product.

Yeah people don't use chatgpt that much...is this supposed to help the ai wave or not?

Most AI agents are still just chatgpt wrappers no? Building an actual AI product requires lots of technical knowledge like the math on how AI works.

@kay_asmith When they lose their jobs because of it, they will start using it.

Either you use AI or your jobs disappear. That's whats gonna happen.

Yep, but you can build more things. Like imagine Youtube -> Blog -> Tweets -> Shorts -> TikTok, etc... (you don't have to imagine... Swell AI exists)

Learn about AI Agents. You'll get why its game changer & will be bigger than the 1st wave (text-to-text) & 2nd wave (text-to-image) combined.

Everything in AI will be bigger than the previous thing.

@archangelsammael I’ve seen quite a few comments asking this so I’m guessing I didn’t make it clear throughout the post. But no, I haven’t made any product because I have no idea where to start with B2B. I have no industry experience, so I don’t know how I would possibly come up with a solution for an industry.

As for the college student thing, it’s more so that I haven’t built a SaaS yet. I anticipate it will be an issue, but it’s not my core concern

@guardianangelislove Okay, gotcha. I mean there is no straight road to b2b success. The best advice I can give you is, be willing to do the work and then go convince someone who has done it that you are worth it and ask them to mentor you. All the while read books, observe and take small actions.

@guardianangelislove i look at like you have 2 options.

1) build for yourself. something you would pay for. since you're not a business (yet), all your ideas will be B2C. once you landed on an idea, and started your business, now you'll have some B2B ideas since you can see what you would be willing to pay for as a business.

2) brainstorm B2B ideas. get buy-in and validation (cold email, ads directing to a landing page, etc..). find a few ideal customers who will be willing to try your product for a few months and create a tight feedback loop with them. you have to be cautious of the risk here because your initial customers will be guiding the product.

@guardianangelislove You should do the reverse ideally, you see a problem and try to solve it, until then get a job in either a tech startup or in industry specific startups like logistics startup so that you’ll gain industry experience as well. Since you are starting your career and want to do B2B get into some b2b businesses like distribution etc and get to know where are the gaps, being in the company build the solution and onboard you current company as the first customer and then expand. IMHO

@guardianangelislove You can’t build something without know what problems need solving.

People in a business will pay for something that saves them money and time. You are offering them something that can do a task they spend way more money on. You get to sell it to more than one person, it’s a win for both parties.

How do you know what problems people spend money on that you can fix? Go out there and work in the industry until you see something you can solve for them. After that it comes down to
Marketing - maybe paying an agency to take care of that for you. Same way you take care of solving the problem for someone else.

Edit: a word

@guardianangelislove First of all it may be worth holding off on creating a product till you worked a bit in another business.

Second if you do insist - learn the skill set of product first. Practice at understanding how people in a certain industry work. What is their day to day. What they need and want. Figure out what tools they use today and try to understand what pain points these tools are focused on. Look at their history of posts / videos to understand what changes are happening in the industry in real time.

The building part is easy. The trust part is maybe bit harder. But the really critical and hard part is to find something they so desperately want that they are willing to take a chance on you.

@guardianangelislove What role do you want in building a startup? What’s your reason for wanting to build it? I get that’s it’s your idea, but do you wanna be the guy that writes the code, do you want to be the marketeer, the project manager and strategist or all of these at once? What’s the reason for you wanting to make this? The answer to that question will decide what path you take. Btw, if you can code it makes this whole process thing much easier and less expensive

@guardianangelislove Don't waste your time thinking you can build software and turn it into a company without at least a few million dollars. The entrepreneur bs isn't possible without deep pockets and wealthy connections. (10 years into it now).

@brother91 We've had professional market research and financial projections done so we have a very clear understanding of what it will take to grow the company. A very small full time staff is $1M/yr. You can't grow a company without employees. Then there are so many costs for legal, accounting, basic insurance, not even healthcare!