B2B SaaS product-market fit

@kc8vji Without anymore information i would double down on testing the messaging...

If competitors are winning with similar product, the key difference which remains is your messaging.

@adaliabay Make sense. From another point, competitors might use investors' money and can afford high customer acquisition costs. Thus, they work with losses for a couple of years till they start profiting.

And that's why I'm trying to figure out whether product-market fit exists for our product. Maybe the market is too small.

@tonemonkey Yes, we've spoken to our current customers, and they all are happy since we continuously improve our product and have a clear pricing model, unlike some of our competitors.

But most of our customers came on a recommendation, so I can barely see how to use their feedback in outbound sales.

@minhducyahoo Sure, that's what we've been doing for the last few months—changing our ICP, validating some hypotheses, changing the email body, and checking some more assumptions.

But, since our ICP is an e-commerce decision maker, it's hard to get their attention. Because, as @krista123 mentioned above, they "... are being hammered by sales people all the time".

@tonemonkey No, we've never done it because sales who have personal contacts in many companies are times more expensive, and with the current level of revenue, we just cannot afford them.

@kc8vji Pay them to get feedback.
Write them:
Hey could you provide us honest feedback why the tool is not a good fit for you, we would appreciate your feedback alot with a 20$ amazon gift card.

Thank you for your time and feedback.

@kc8vji Another additional idea. Honesty is often given when you provide honesty aswell. Maybe you could add a sentence before:

Hey, we recently recognized a high number of drop offs from our product after looking at our demo or landing page. We would like to identify this further and would appreciate you answering the following 5 questions ...

@chozenpryncess We decided not to go with the questions and answers since it's time-consuming, and people probably won't want to spend time on it. We created a survey with pre-prepared responses, like A, B, C plus "Other". Thus person just answers us with one letter.

Will see if it works.

@kc8vji Something similar happened to us. We launched an app for ecommerce (some months ago) which can help store owners boost their conversions by making their video content shoppable. Its something really new, and haven’t been able to find product market fit…

We are mainly doing cold email (200 x week approx), and some replies but hardly any interest…

We are really frustrated, since we believe our saas can be a game changer. We launched another businesses doing the same method (cold email) and targeted to a more saturated market (saas owners) and the results are better.

Maybe ecom owners/cmos dont care about innovations…

@fandoumi1 Thank you for sharing your experience. It's essential to understand whether we are alone with this problem or if the problem exists for others.

We are mainly doing cold email (200 x week approx), and some replies but hardly any interest…

May I ask, what is the "reply rate" in your cold email campaign, and how many requests for demos per month do you have?

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Back