Books on Systemizing a Business

@ohlord Thanks, I haven’t actually read Traction yet so I’ll bump it up my list for that reason. Also From Stress to Success includes some documents the author uses at his business. It is a great secondary book to go to from The E-Myth and the author even references it at the beginning.

@ericanicolee Has anyone implemented the entrepreneurial operating system (eos)? That is what the book traction is about. We have read the book but we have since learned that self-implementation is not really a thing. They claim you need to pay someone to help you implement it. Just curious.

@sadieinthesand We’ve self implemented it and it’s been working great. I highly recommend it.

We used the book Get a Grip, which is written by the same author of Traction but as a fictional story of a struggling company and the process of being introduced to and then following the EOS steps, and we found it incredibly helpful to help relate to each aspect in real world scenarios.

So haven’t paid anyone to implement (except for the author for a book or two!) Although if we had the money, using an integrator would’ve saved a lot of time and hassle in getting on track (it has taken a few months of trial and error — although, reassuringly, the same teething problems also happen with the fictional company, which is great teaching from the author — I’d say we’re now around 95% of the way there now.)