Careers site Indeed to lay off 1,000 workers

@klj It is bad for indeed if the fake jobs drive people away from the platform.

Personally, I never use Indeed anymore because of all the fake or ancient postings I see that are shown as still active.

Having to cook the books through statistics isn't real grow

correct. But basically all companies do this these days. They will down size to make their books look better for a particularly important quarter or year end, then just go and hire more people the following quarter. Often times trying to hire the same people back.

Fake growth is the name of the game for modern businesses. Our economy is almost entirely based on vibes at this point.

@ckoch
It is bad for indeed if the fake jobs drive people away from the platform.

Do they? If you need a job you need a job, if you see a job you apply, and reality is irrelevant of the platform, you likely won't get many responses in a low demand field.

Indeed hasn't always been crap, it was 15 years ago, it doesn't really look much different now, but it however does still exist so it is obvious relatively competitive against the field.

Or is it? I don't actually know, I do know however 15 year ago Linkedin didn't even exist (actually it did but only internationally 16 years ago) and I much prefer it over Indeed.

@searchingtruth That isn't indicative of their financial status at all. It gives you some vague potential insight into their revenue stream. But revenue is only one facet of any businesses financial health.

@shinoobi This, and I imagine of this 1,000 employees out of the 14,000 indeed somehow had, the huge majority will be “account manager” and “13 word long sales title” and not super important staff.