Employee internal video blogs: A big internal youtube

morse86

Let your employees get _anything_ off their chest.

No editing, no filters, just record, speak, and post.

Transcripts created, searchable.

Forget the 1-on-1's, these are 1s to N.

If you don't post once a day, you aren't "going to the office."

Remote work that feels like you are connected emotionally to co-workers.

Would be a big cultural change and have to come from top down. All the C-level execs would have to post a ~5 minute video once a day. But the idea would be to go ahead and "go there." Talk on camera like you would in the office about emotional things, business things, break that "well this isn't business appropriate" attitude and redefine business appropriate. If it brings back that I'm connected to my co-worker feeling that remote work has lost, win.

@newchristiangirl yeah but the culture is not to "over-share" - the vision is humans talking about their actual human issues. I agree there are a lot of enterprise video file sharing solutions, but I think it can be re-done in a game changing way.

@tailsstar Thanks I had not heard of Loom. Looked it up. Wow their examples are all so business-y and screen sharing and zzzzz. I'm talking about employees doing "emo video blogging." No charts, no business stuff, just a human talking to the camera and sharing emotions. Since it's internal the topics will be about the business and the business struggles but also just that human's life issues.

@morse86 But your product yourself is the exact same as Loom. You just want to force C level execs to do a big cultural change in their entire company and make their employees post 5 minute videos everyday to the entire company.

I hope you soon understand how ridiculous this idea is. Your product is essentially nothing, because Loom already supports everything you need for your proposed cultural change. So it’s just telling people to do things your way.

@morse86 I'm sorry but this is a pretty bad idea. I'd hate to do 5 min videos every day. What's the business value? After 2 weeks people would be so tires of these 5 min videos.

Back