Event Planning App Idea

jackman915

Hey, people of Reddit! I’m building a platform and need the internet’s sage advice:

There are a million different apps that tell you where to go and what to do. You can read about the average person’s take on a restaurant or bar on Yelp, or find professional reviews at Eater. You can use TripAdvisor or Thrillist to find the top local attractions to visit, or you can find events using Eventbrite. There’s tremendous interest in creating ways to help people find what to do and where to do it.

HOWEVER, the big problem with all of these platforms is that they focus on singular, discrete events. They don’t look down from a high enough level, stringing together logical things to do in an easy to consume way. If you have a full day in Rome, you need to figure out where to get your morning espresso, then where to grab your breakfast, what parks to visit, when you should fit in the Vatican, the best carbonara in town, what wine bar to visit, and which park to explore before you seek out your pizza dinner. Not only do people spend time vetting these places, but you need to string them together in a logical flow in terms of geography and even subject matter, fulfil your requirements for the day (example: it’s our family on vacation, we don’t want to spend a million dollars, and we’re looking for enough stops to fill the whole day), and maybe even learn something about these sites before you visit.

Same for the Tinder date. Yes, you found the perfect restaurant on Yelp (or The Infatuation if you don’t trust the common person of Yelp), but is that going to get you through the whole night? What if the date goes so well that you need dessert? Where are you going to go? For a flawless night, the stops need to flow effortlessly into one another, with minimal time spent in between scrolling through a google search of “bars near me” and vetting each one.

Everyone has killer combinations of events they like to do. Whenever I go to the art institute, I start off with a cappuccino from a coffee shop across the street and follow the visit with lunch within walking distance at my favorite Jamaican restaurant (or a doughnut nearby if I’m not hungry enough yet). These are relevant itineraries whether you are hanging out at home with friends or backpacking through every city in Europe, and I am creating a platform to share them.

I am posting this to get feedback on whether this pitch makes sense and if you’d be interested in using it. Let me know your thoughts! I just want it to be easier to find and share great plans.

This idea was originally from @marco4444 on Reddit (original link)

See more ideas at https://www.dailyidea.com/

Back