Has anyone ever gone to the Aspire Tour event/conference?

@maninan It's just a waste of time. They don't teach you anything. They just spout a lot of jargon and get you hyped over nothing. I'm pretty sure some of the most enthusiastic people are undercover employees. That's just my opinion because a lot of the cheering sounded forced and on cue. In the back of the room, they already had the sign-up sheets for two days of random nonsense of a class. If you want to sit there and listen to a long sales pitch about fake companies—and, by the way, they have so many issues with their system, even sending out wrong dates and times. Their website even malfunctions. To summarize, you will gain nothing, and you should fact-check their information. Also, a lot of the sites on the list of companies didn't even have SEO and looked like they just slapped something together.

At least timeshare sales people give you something for going, and those other sales meetings feed you. This is just listening to people talk about how great they are and try to sell something that is free on YouTube and probably better.

@maninan I went yesterday in Miami and I enjoyed it, I was very sceptical and only went because a friend went and my wife was interested.

Yes they are trying to sell you a course 3 times during the day, but thats up to you and its not even that much money if you would be interested. They are not pushy and do not approach you personally.

The speakers were worth it and gave me food for thought, especially Kevin O’Leary and Gary Vaynerchuck where great speakers.
There was a young guy talking about communication for half an hour that made some good points.

Marcus Lemonis also did an hour but he did not impress me much. Did not really learn anything. He walked through the audience and asked personal questions, but nothing was really business related. It was kinda awkward.

They had some other successful speakers that were quite good too. I enjoyed one of the Aspire organizers talking about the fear of talking about money and how money works.

Although you can find anything they say on youtube, I
it was worth my time and the $70 I paid. It gave me some motivation and thoughts about my business.

Nothing new, but its sometimes good to hear stuff in person.

@maninan Anyone know what the typical itinerary is for these events. I’m going tomorrow to hear Goggins, Shaq and Hulk Hogan speak. It says it starts at 7am - 7pm but not no other details given.

@maninan My experience at the Aspire Tour just now in Orlando 2024

Some of the lesser-known speakers were good, but almost all of them tried to sell another course, event, or book. However, the event organizer's time on stage completely soured the entire experience for me.

When the organizer took the stage, he immediately started cursing and acting like a total dirtbag. He went on bizarre tangents, including teasing his cofounder about not wearing underwear. Then, he launched into a 15-minute montage of celebrities who had clearly been paid to sing his praises, which felt completely disingenuous.

The low point came when he started pitching a course about tax-free accounts you can use to grow wealth. He started at $499, only to drop the price to $199 within minutes, making the whole thing feel like a shady sales pitch. His behavior reminded me of someone desperately trying to hustle, with little regard for the audience's time or intelligence.

But it got even worse. He admitted to using cocaine right on stage, licking the inside of his cheek in a telltale sign, and then casually talked about tax fraud. He bragged about justifying all his personal expenses to avoid paying taxes and mentioned that he couldn't buy a house because he showed no income, as he used his business account for personal expenses including groceries, vacations, and cars.

Thankfully, the afternoon picked up with Eddie Wilson, the first speaker after lunch and another highlight. A serial entrepreneur with over 100 successful exits, he was there to promote his current venture, an açaí bowl franchise chain for which he is looking for franchisees. Despite the promotion, he actually provided value, and I was glad to listen to him.

David Goggins was, of course, inspiring and gave some really insightful advice. I had some great takeaways from his session. However, I just wish that the cofounder had stayed off stage and let Goggins speak. He was a completely inept interviewer, kept interrupting Goggins, and added nothing to the conversation.

After Goggins, they pitched a public speaking course for, guess what, another $499, but for today only it was $199, and you could bring a friend.

Next up was Marcus Lemonis, who had a very interesting hour. He did a lot of crowd interaction and helped people tell their stories. He had us reflect on our own strength and stories, which was both engaging and insightful.

And then, just when I thought it couldn't get worse, there was another pitch, this time for a lending company from one of the cofounders, which seemed like a big Ponzi scheme.

Another note on the general experience: any time there was a recess, the DJ blasted music so incredibly loud that you couldn’t have a conversation with your neighbor at all. Arguably, a large draw of the entire event is connecting with other entrepreneurs, but this made it very difficult. The lighting was obnoxious, and I noticed many people around me rubbing their eyes in fatigue. I kept my sunglasses on as much as I could.

Shaq was super humble and sweet, and had some great interactions with kids in the crowd, even arm wrestling a kid. He talked about how he is given opportunities by being a nice guy, focusing on building relationships, and helping companies grow. Again, I wish he had just been allowed to speak without the cofounder up there. Shaq subtly put him in his place a few times.

Overall, the organizer's unprofessional behavior and the relentless selling turned what could have been an inspiring event into a disappointing and uncomfortable experience.

@maninan Yes god it sucked. I went to Orlando one yesterday and it was just cliches and inspirational quotes. You don’t actually learn anything unless you want to buy a $500 masterclass that’s not going to teach you anything either. 12 hours long and just sales pitches and motivational speakers. Don’t go if your actually trying to network or learn anything it’s all smoke and mirrors

@maninan In my opinion, I wouldn’t go. The people that run Aspire Events have numerous lawsuits and allegations of fraud against them. They showcase their wealth but don’t even own their own homes- one of them lives with their parents. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, but be upfront about it before you try advising others on how to live their lives. Just a shady group overall (in my opinion).