Feedback please: App that helps you handle your taxes as a remote worker, nomad or expat

anilo

Hi we are planning to launch a service that will help remote workers, nomads and expats handling their taxes across different countries, starting in the EU.

The idea is to match and give users immediate access to tax advisers via video-calls so you can get all your questions efficiently resolved.

We would love your feedback! What are potential pitfalls and risks we should be aware of? In your eyes, what is the one thing that could make us fail?

Check out our website

Thanks in advance for all the feedback!

@anilo You wanna make a million dollars real quick?

Find a way to tap into the big tax accounting software market , and target people using softwares likr h&r block, turbo tax, etc.

Find a way to make it cheaper than $75 per consult and you'll have a never ending supply of customers. H&r block and the other big tax accountant software's have the worst customer service in the world(it actually doesn't even exist) and people hate them because of it. But we still have to do our taxes and the efile is still cheaper than working with an accountant. That's your target audience, your competition is intentionally leaving you a place to scoop in and win over clients, good luck!

@tert Great feedback and even greater tips. Thank you

the efile is still cheaper than working with an accountant

I have never used efile, how would you compare that experience with the other services available today (accountant, big tax software, etc)?

@anilo Just a thought, have you tested with full time yachties who frequent different countries throughout the year? I’m imagining this could be useful for full-time sailing families. There are a ton of people who have sold homes to do sailing full time during the pandemic and many have viral YouTube channels. Get one of them to try this app and see if they will give you a shoutout. Pitfalls to be aware of is that user base has internet issues when not in anchorage/dock and they sometimes live and work in various countries for short stints which I’m sure creates a mess with their tax situations.