First order to my supplier - 100% defects - What now?

@rambovsrocky I only have experience with old school small labels, pre-instagram, and they always positioned themselves to be present in the production space while manufacturing the whole collection. This is the only way that I know to ensure the absolute integrity of your products so that you can price them like luxury goods and have repeating customers. It used to be a very labor intensive type of business, where you were split between physical stores, development, production, shows, catalog shoots, expos, mailing orders and wholesale, literally whole day, every day. To compress this into some 4 hour workweek just cause you have insta followers can bomb your brand completely, the embarrassment is real

I would sell good pieces and donate the rest, maybe use it as a photo op while building inclusivity into your brand story

@rambovsrocky How much margin on each garment? Can you hire a seamstress to fix issues?

Document each issue and contact the manufacturer. See what they say. Take profits and buy another batch from same manufacturer with better controls and a plan for how defects will be resolved.

Show garments to friends and family without giving details and see how they react. We are always the toughest critic so maybe your current view is reasonable and maybe it’s not. Also ask what they would pay for the garment to see where your price point falls. The more people you ask the better. Good Luck!!!

@rambovsrocky If your supplier won’t reimburse you call your credit card company to extract it back

Putting out garbage is the same as closing the business, don’t do it.