First time founder- Need help

dan78

Hi I’m a first time founder building a mental health platform, bootstrapped. My mother a cofounder is from psychology background and I am from finance background. We outsourced tech like building website, the algorithm etc and we are struggling. She now wants to opt out from the business because she has other priorities. Wanted suggestions on the below:
  1. Should I shut down the business and take a job?
  2. How do I find a tech co-founder?
  3. Is there a way I can find a mentor?
  4. I don’t think I’m a good leader - how can I get better?
  5. Any low cost marketing strategies?
  6. How long do I have to be patient till I see real money flowing in as it’s a platform business?
  7. Should I consider raising funds?
I was previously working in a corporate job and when I would not get credit for my work I would feel bad, today when the business is not working the feeling of losing confidence is even worse. Any guidance would be helpful!

Thank you!

@dan78 Talk to as many people who are starting off as possible. I was in a high flying job and quit 6 months back to start my own. I have been through all that you have mentioned here and at some level still going through. Please DM me and i would be more than happy to talk to you and give some perspective that I have gained in the last few months.

@dan78 I am a recent btech in computer science graduate,having 6 years + experience in tech and building businesses online... currently working on my own startup...

I think I could help you out ...I would like to know if we can arrange a discovery call...in any case using gmeet for 15 mins
  1. Businesses take time atleast 3-5 years
  2. Tech has never been easy
  3. You should not giveup untill you have boosted all your cylinders

@dan78 Mental health is not a very nice business to be in. The growth is very very less as compared to other industries.I run a mental health business named Remint Health, and i would love to connect with you coz i have been looking for a non tech cofounder. Dmed you as well.

Back