HaikNews.com - Uses AI to write a haiku out of daily news headlines and generates a corresponding image w/ the Stable Diffusion AI model

frankyy

This is a rather simple project written in PHP, JavaScript, and some backend database code. Essentially, it uses the fantastic NewsAPI to automatically gather news headlines on a daily basis from about 50k different publishers, which include basically all the sources used by Google News. These headlines are then analyzed for syllable count and the site attempts to write haikus out of them. Only the most popular 5-7-5 syllable form of haikus are used, and unfortunately because the syllable counter is not perfect, the haikus generated do not always conform exactly to the syllable rules (but most of the time they do). The haikus themselves are generated on demand, so each time you refresh the page, you should see a new haiku. However, the data sources (news articles) only update once per day. The haiku is then fed into DeepAI's Stable Diffusion API to generate an image corresponding to the haiku. To keep things interesting, this image is either returned with no filter, a comic book filter, impressionist painting filter, or caricature filter. Note that the image takes around 20 seconds to load so it may take a moment to display. The image can essentially be thought of as a visual display of the generated haiku.

http://www.haiknews.com

@scrivener a very small amount, the Stable Diffusion model is $2/1000 API hits. I had around $10 in credits from an old project that was a commercial venture, and since this is a fairly trivial thing that I can't see getting all that much traffic, I figure the site should be good for a while. If it does generate more traffic than expected, maybe I'll eventually put an ad at the bottom or something like that.

@frankyy That’s not bad at all but be careful a friend made a article writing AI and someone made like 1000 accounts and pumped out a shit ton of articles costing him a decent amount

@frankyy This is cool. You could probably integrate it into a Tweet generator app if you turned the posts into images. It would be cool to see these with like plants, wrapper paper or rice paper texture backgrounds. Would love to have this to embed already designed as an art project. Sort of like a daily commentary on the state of the world. Well done!

@that1gurl77798 thanks for checking it out - and I can certainly run those images through the filters you mentioned. That will probably provide some variety.

Since you mentioned "a daily commentary on the state of the world," if you're interested in that kind of thing, I have another site, http://bytegeist.ai that attempts to describe the daily "zeitgeist" of the internet by finding the most viral image. It automatically posts its results to twitter. It pulls from many different data sources to find viral content - news articles, trending topics/searches, blog/forum posts, and several of the most popular image sharing and social media sites (some of these sources have since changed their APIs/data access methods and since I haven't updated it in around 18 months, it doesn't work quite as well as it once did, but you might still find it interesting). If you're interested in more specifics/tech info, there's a pretty comprehensive architecture diagram on the website: http://www.bytegeist.ai/bytegeist/bytegeist.png