Highway business idea - need advice

reeseb

Hello everyone. I am planning to start some business next to highway in my country. I am located in capital city of one European country. This is first highway our country build in history (2022, yes it may be funny), and there is a good opportunity since my family and me have a land 0.6 miles from first Highway Exit. And there are more than 20000 cars per day driving when is summer time. Also my land is 2 hours of driving from the sea, so a lot of tourist are coming with this road. Good to mention, the temperature and climate is excellent ( 91.4 °F in average during the summer ), so there is possibility for a lot of days during the year since we don't have so much rain or snow. I need to mention that my budget is nearly around 5-10 k at maximum for now. The highway is located around 5 miles from center of town. Any advice on this is welcomed, and like EU usually say, sorry if I am bad in English.

@reeseb 5-10 k l'd say put a food truck set up a tent with beautiful chairs and buy a coffee machine . Also since it's hot, sell a lot of frozen stuff like slushy for kids. If you can get a gas station there it would be a big drive for the business.

@reeseb Supercharging for e-cars

I would do the same if I had land close to a mayor highway. I guess you don’t even need to invest all on your own, just speak with your local energy supplier and try to make a deal with them. Get a food supplier on board and provide waiting people with food or other stuff.

@jessika544 Well that is not bad idea, the problem is that in my country 99.9% of people don't drive electric cars. But it can be useful for tourist, absolutely.

@reeseb If your country is member of EU, they are looking to greatly expand the production of electric cars. I’d recommend a petrol AND charging station?

@reeseb Depends how big the land is. Maybe camping/parking bays for tourists with motorhomes? Depends how many of these sites there are around Podgorica, but I suspect your location is better than most. Big signage on the highway would help a lot