Honestly, how much would you pay for someone to design/build your MVP? (if anything) - e.g. brand, website, and application

@despreate I would suggest keep brand seperate from website and application. That's because it's done by the different skill set of people.

Focusing on application, MVP means differently for different people. Few people consider first set of features/ phase 1 as MVP and few just built a form and call it MVP.

If you are interested, then DM me. I can help you with best quote based on your requirements.

@despreate I get people thinking it takes less because it's not a proven biz yet, but you can't half ass the tech. You're either building or not, and time is the asset that consumes.

I generally don't touch web or mobile apps under $10,000. Just too many things that I'm going to spend "doing right" on behalf of the client that need the time. I could deliver jankiness with catchall code, but I'd rather deliver a superior product. Most of the time this means around 30-35k.

There is just a number my time costs. It means an MVP costs at least that. There's always someone cheaper though, just depends whether you want someone with 20+ years experience that's going to do it right the first time and find opportunities you may not have seen, a bootcamp wannabe who saw a YouTube video for a drag and drop builder, or something in between.

@despreate I'm of the opinion of, if I/my team, can't build it internally (and it's critical to our product) then I/we shouldn't pursue it. Teach yourself Bubble or another form of a no-code platform to get an initial version up & running.

@despreate Let me give you a little insight from our Eastern Europe-based agency's perspective. We've shipped over 50 products for US startups, and our experience tells us that the average cost usually falls between $25k and $50k. However, there are cases where it can go up to $100k or even $120k.

We really focus on delivering top-notch quality. And trust me, quality matters. When you're just starting out, having a well-designed brand, website, and application can make all the difference in attracting customers, investors, and partners. Many of the startups we worked with emerged from Y Combinator and have been funded by heavy hitters like a16z or Lightspeed.

Of course, there are cheaper options out there, but they may not offer the same level of expertise or have a strong track record. We've learned a lot from working with those top-notch startups, and that knowledge allows us to deliver excellent results.

Ultimately, the cost of your MVP should be seen as an investment rather than just an expense. Making sure your product is well-designed and user-friendly from the start can save you headaches and costly rework in the long run.

Happy to help if you have any questions!