How a $2 yard sign got me into an HOA where I made $2.5k pressure washing in 2.5 days

novitativa

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to highlight the power of yard signs. I put one up near an HOA (unknowingly) recently and got a call from one of the residents of the HOA asking if I could get them a deal on 7 houses in the neighborhood. These houses range from 1400-1800 sq feet. I said I could soft wash each house at a flat rate of $220 (I wouldn't be making much per house - $1540 total for 7 houses). I made it clear to each resident this was a first-year promotion only (but I have their contact info saved for next year and they will certainly be returning customers). I was able to upsell a few residents on other services such as gutter cleaning and concrete cleaning (made just over $1k in upselling these services). In total I made just over $2.5k in about 2.5 days work. For those of you in the pressure washing space, HOAs can be worth targeting - this specific HOA required residents to have a pressure (soft) wash on the home this year. The houses are also super grouped together so there was limited packing/unpacking time between jobs.