How do you create product demo videos for your SaaS?

@ombowstring1 Hey @ombowstring1

i just bought your app. I like it a lot. But I am having trouble with text to speech. Even when I try to create a speech with one of the many voices available, the audio is generated only with the default (adam). I can't find the support email address anywhere.

@xmountainx I found interactive product tours from companies like Reprise to be a lot more engaging than just video. Higher conversion in CTA.

Good quality videos from a professional can be effective but it has be really well done. For video, consider Loom or VidYard.

All this depends on how complex your product is.

@xmountainx Depending on your objectives, you can go anywhere from Fiverr to a company that specifically makes these types of videos for SaaS companies.

If you're just getting going, cheap is the way to go - however, there's something to be said about quality that you don't get with 'cheap'. If you're in a good seed round or series A, it's likely the time you're now thinking of your SaaS product in a more brand-centric way. Here, is where you'll actually want this content to be good, tested, and flexible.

We're the primary vendor for Google Area120 companies and a handful of other startups for hero/explainers and demos (part of our package), but we're not cheap. What we have done is package up a suite of the 'traction-centric' videos most SaaS / emerging tech companies need - focusing around the hero/explainer.

Happy to provide feedback on videos and tips, whatever - here to help!

@xmountainx I use MotionShot.app. It is really helpful to make SaaS product demos. Here are few reasons that makes it the best tool to make the product demo
  • Can be built only on screenshots
  • Attractive animations
  • Annotation support
  • Custom colors to match my branding
  • Quick sharable links
  • Guide hub that can act as customer help center
  • Easy to use UI