How do you keep your personal financials afloat when you’re at $0 revenue?

@cbrooks624 If you need money don't turn down any part-time trust me. Take what you can get to pay the bills. Also, if you can make 200k definitely take that. You can always work on your dream after work but nothing beats a stable income.

@cbrooks624 Plan for things to take a lot longer than you think and more money than you think.

If that means working a job to keep yourself afloat, that’s what you have to do.

I built my first business working evenings and weekends and only quit when I could replace my income.

My second business I was living off the sale of my first business.

@cbrooks624 This is another reason why there is the concept of an mvp. It is help to prove the market quickly, or move onto the next thing. You do it while you work on other things.

Good luck. I know it is rough.

@cbrooks624 In the past, I often referred to this story when faced with defeat or when I considered giving up on my business.

While the destruction of the Aztec Empire at the hands of the Spanish Conquistadors is a brutal example of Mexican history, it certainly helps inspire people to succeed at all costs.

In 1519, after landing in Veracruz, Mexico, to begin his conquest of the Aztec Empire, Cortés reportedly ordered his own fleet of ships to be burned or scuttled. This drastic action was taken to eliminate the possibility of retreat, thereby forcing his men to commit to the conquest of Mexico. The message was clear: there was no turning back, and the only way out was to succeed in their mission.

If you truly want to succeed at your business, the answer is simple.

Burn the boats.

Back