How I got 200+ users in the first 24 hours

brainworks

Within 24 hours of launching my new SaaS, I got 732 unique visitors, 2574 page views, and over 200 users.

This was all organic and with basically no followers.

This is my second time having the launch of my SaaS go viral, resulting in a ton of initial traction. This means I'm 2/2.

I have come up with a viral formula of 6 elements on how to do this, so read on:

1. An exciting product​

This one is kinda obvious but a very important element.

You can have the best launch and marketing strategy in the world, but with a bad product, it won't matter.

In order to attract users, you must have an exciting product that solves some kind of problem or pain for the customer.

To give you something concrete, this was my thought process for this latest SaaS:

Problem:

Founders don't want to spend time creating or maintaining personal websites. Many choose to go with link in bio tools, but they are all designed for the general public, lacking founder-specific features.

Solution:

Create the world's first link in bio tool designed especially for founders. Cool URLs, up and running in 5 minutes, no/low maintenance.

I bought the domain founder.site and validated the idea through a simple waitlist landing page explaining the core features.

2. A great hook​

Great, now that we have an awesome product, it's time to show the world.

But wait, we have no followers and no budget for paid advertisement.

No worries, we will solve this with a viral launch post on X/Twitter.

The make or break of this post is the 'hook'. The very first line in our post that will make the user stop scrolling and get invested in our content.

Here are the two hooks of the last two launches that went viral:
  1. "I did it! 🤯" (Got 183k views)
  2. "It’s finally here! 🤯" (Got 25k views)
Yes, the hook has nothing to do with the product, and the emojis are cringy as hell. But they are effective and get the user to stop scrolling and watch the content.

3. Video showcasing the product in a few seconds​

Now that we have the users' attention, it's time to get the most of it.

Attached to our post should be an image or a video. The algorithm chooses what goes viral based on the posts that users spend the most time on, hence why a video is the better option.

For my viral content, I have used a fast-paced product video demonstrating the core features of the product with zoom-ins to keep it engaging.

Comedic launch videos tend to perform really well when done well too. Here @pt8214 is the master.

4. Explaining the concept in one-liners: 'The Linktree for founders'​

We all know the situation when we go to a product's landing page, scroll down, and by the bottom of the page, we still not quite understand what the hell the product does.

Something that works really well for viral content and marketing is to explain the concept in easy-to-understand one-liners.

For Founder Site, I constantly use 'The Linktree for founders'. It makes the product so easy to understand for a person that interacts with the product for the first time.

5. A few bullet points explaining the core features​

After our one-liner, most users already get what our product is about.

We can now elaborate a bit further with a few bullet points explaining the core features our new exciting product has.

6. A great CTA​

Now we have a great hook, an engaging product video, a good one-liner, and a few bullet points explaining the core features.

The user is fully committed now, so it's time to capitalize on the attention and lead them over to our landing page with a call to action (CTA).

Platforms like X or LinkedIn punish links in posts with reduced reach. A way to combat this is to leave the link in the first comment on the post and refer to that at the end of the post itself.

Involve the benefits or something about your product in the CTA. Don't just do the classic "Sign up now".

A great CTA for my latest SaaS is:

🔗 Reserve your URL and create your Founder Site here: founder.site

Final thoughts​

If you nail these 6 elements, your chances of having a viral launch are really high.

If you found any value in this post, consider following me on X. I build cool projects in public and try doing stuff that others aren't.

And if you are a founder, you will love Founder Site. Right now, it's 100% free, and the first founders to sign up will get a ton of free exposure for them and their startups.

Let me know your thoughts in the comments down below.

@613jono You’re drinking conspiracy juice. Point out his alts in your top comment, include me if you’re that convinced. Otherwise you’re just making damaging allegations because of how you feel:

Edit nvm. Op is quite literally admitting to using alts in this thread

@brainworks Appreciate the efforts. Not spreading any hate. My problem is many talk about these stuff in a very generalised manner. Now I know you don't want to make it too long to read.

But if someone can break it down in step by step, what tools to use, how to use, how to find resources etc etc. I hope you get the gist.

That would be way helpful for early founders. Because everyone is figuring out only, and this can reduce the feedback time.

@brainworks Very good thanks you for posting. A question I have is how’d u make the videos for Twitter I’ve been trying to make them but have no clue since it’s a digital product and not a physical. If you could explain the process of how you edited and recorded it, it would be very helpfull.