How long before you were profitable ?

@kayleeavani For our construction business, it was about six months before we could take home enough to replace our previous salaries (including taxes and benefits). It was several years before we had enough profit to take owner distributions in addition to salaries. We were able to buy a building and stop working out of our basement after about seven years.

@kayleeavani Most small businesses fail, and someone else’s timeline may not make sense for your business. Mine took about three years. I had a lot to learn and it took a lot of energy to make it happen.

@kayleeavani Consulting and testing here it took a year. Once I paid for my equipment. Paid is not quite right but I do continually replace equipment and I have passed that milestone in a year. My first years were slow and difficult but it has increased. I think if the business plan is sound you will make it work. Have an accountant go through the numbers with you. I found their help very useful. Allows you to see what areas to pursuit and which to drop or de-emphasize. Plus a disinterested third party is handy.