How many of these “how I made x thousand MRR in y months” are just ads?

poptart1919

I totally respect the hustle and ingenuity many of the people of this subreddit have and am grateful for their sharing of their stories.

But really how many of the “How I made x thousand MRR in y months” are just advertising for an up and coming service?

I’m not against advertising (though much of Reddit does lean against it, we all have to start somewhere), but many of these posts don’t track for me.

Like…did you really make 7k MRR selling AI prompts?

Slight other nit: I don’t think making x amount in 1 month is the same as saying your MRR is x.

Sorry, maybe it is a bit of a vent post. Really happy for those of you making it, but some of these get kinda hard to believe.

@poptart1919 Here is what I've learned... when I was making very little, I kept inflating numbers. Now that I am beating the expectations, I am keeping them to myself. I am sure this is the truth about most projects.

@henry25 Yes, I shared when I earned more than my monthly salary, but received criticism because I shared that I was earning $268 per month as a graphic designer from a small town in India. However, they didn't believe how I could survive on $268 per month, but in India, some women earn less than $100 per month for a 9-hour-a-day cleaning job. Then, one day I decided to ditch Instagram (watching too much) and choose YouTube. I watched hundreds of tutorials and founders' podcasts every day until 2 am. Through trial and error, I finally launched my product on ProductHunt and earned $345.59, exceeding my monthly salary within a week of the launch. In March, I made $595 but Lemonsquzzy charged 15% fees. Still, I got more than my monthly salary, and more than money, I'm getting connections with smarter people than me, which is the one thing that motivates me a lot, as everyone knows you're the average of the people you spend your time with. Before, I used to waste my time watching movies and eating out with my friends, but as an introvert, I'm not optimized for it. Currently, what I'm doing, I'm optimized for that. I'm rarely going outy now. Everything can be ordered online here, from milk to bikes.

I have many ideas, but I was lazy or unskilled, or didn't have the knowledge of how to convert them into reality.

However, ChatGPT has helped me a lot.

One more thing, I'm also weak at English, but ChatGPT helped me to correct grammar for this.

I would still be doing that job if ChatGPT hadn't been launched.

Now why I shared it, because I'm good at observing things, and I observed that people who are sharing this type of thing are getting more users. As a noob or learner, I did the same, but it was late because everyone on Reddit has gotten annoyed with it.

@bible1st Can you please share the link to your former post?

Now why I shared it, because I'm good at observing things, and I observed that people who are sharing this type of thing are getting more users.

What are you needing more users for?

@henry25 I deleted that post because I'm not used to tackling that heat. As an overthinker, it haunts me. If someone gives me the option of choosing less money versus more negative comments, I always choose less money. Now, I'm never going to share anything like that again.

@henry25 Okay, I finally realized that sharing your side projects on a side project subreddit is abusive. I didn't mean to. I'm extremely sorry if anyone has faced inconvenience and trouble because of my post and comments. Sorry again.

@poptart1919 Ask yourself if they can do this, why are they selling the secret? It's the old newspaper advertisement - 'I can make you rich, send $10 to this address and I'll show you how'