I have a decent business idea I think

@ashs If you are serious about your idea, instead of discussing it, you should be ordering a market research for the niche you are considering.

The market research is for the niche or for a generalistic service, so it doesn't need to disclose 100% your idea.

With this market research made, you can get a general view about the viability of your idea.

Also, asking for feedback on an idea in any public forum is... bad idea. Not because they're gonna steal it (they probably won't), but because any niche within a platform caters to a profile of users. Most of these users will have some things in common, including thought patterns. Hence, most of the responses you get will be skewed in one direction or other, and won't provide a full view of the full array of possibilities of the idea.

Nvm guys after reading it out loud and explaining it to the guys here I realised it was a shit idea 😂😂😂

So basically the idea is to make an app similar to eBay thats much more seamless and stress free to the casual seller. Think of how many items you have lying around that you would sell but don't have the time or just can't be bothered to list it up, negotiate a sale if necessary and post it.

The app would connect you to someone who would do everything for you from listing the item to organizing a postman for pick up etc. All you need to do is send a picture of the item and a rough price. Later AI will be utilized to take the job of these 'agents'. But yeah sounds so silly now 😂

@ashs If you can't even google and do basic market research for your idea that will be so transformative and novel (that you ask folks to sign an NDA) - you should focus on building up your entrepreneurial cajones. I am rooting for you, and giving you a bit of tough love.

@17warner Currently, the program is open only to select customers.

Buyers and sellers with the highest value and volume of eBay transactions are invited to join the program.

See with what I was thinking it would be the complete opposite and aimed at casual users as most of the high volume sellers would already have a system in place

@ashs How someone could even think that this is a great idea not even mentioned the fear of stealing such idea? Unbelievable what kind of people surround us on a daily basis.

@ashs I think it depends on how simple or complex your idea is.

But overall, an idea is worthless, it's the execution that matters.

What is the amount of investment needed to get it started?

Are the people you want to ask questions in the position to invest the money, time, effort, ...?

But you could let them sign an NDA or if you are further than "just the idea", you could file for a patent.

But this procedure is different, depending on where you live.

Back