I just started a fully equipped eCommerce business for just 8 hours and 40$ and already made my first sales!

kelbren

Hello,
I just want to start with saying that maybe some of you won't find this impressive or interesting, and some of you here could do it in even less time. That is not the point.

If you'd like the link first - www.CarbonRevolucion.com

I am not a total begginner in the world of eCommerce, but I'm not experienced. For two weeks I was messing around shopify and distributor channels. I am 24 and have a bachelor degree in arts and design, but I am nowhere near that industry. For the past three years I have owned and ran a restaurant in a small historical tourist city which was more than a full-time job.
I was thinking for some time about opening online store, but with all the questions - "what should I sell? who should I sell it to? I never ran that kind of business, will I prevail?" - I just wasn't sure.
So yesterday, I just get the idea what I would like to sell - activated charcoal black peel-off masks against blackheads, acne, etc., and also charcoal teeth whitening powder. During the day I'm looking over Aliexpress and Alibaba for reliable distributors and highest quality products, thinking about the name, marketing strategies, visual identity and platform. After I'm done with all the restaurant business, almost sleep time for most of the people, I come home, spark up a J and start working. Buying the domain name (after crossing 20 domains off my list), opening up the store on Shopify and setting up the page was the easiest ever, and this is where I have spent 40$ - the only money I have spent for now. The only money I am going to have to spend in the future is the marketing money.
After few hours of work, I'm left mostly with writing (and some stealing) of all the product and other important but boring text on the webshop. Products are easily imported, I'm in the all-the-way-niche business so I don't have million of categories and subcategories, and the same number of products.
I have 3 products, simple design, and what I think is a great story for a starting brand. I didn't even use a premium $180 Shopify theme which I bought few months before when experimenting; I just used a free theme with some small amount of photoshop/illustrator.
What I did is this: I found a manufacturer of the products who's not so good at selling them, but great at making them, and contacted them. They are going to ship the products to my customers, while I'm going to take care of marketing and serve as a middleman. I pay the retail price, and set whatever price I want to. No inventory costs, no shipping work, no stress. This is a few workhours a week business now, and the only thing I need to focus now is marketing.

So, the point of this story is how easy it is to start a worldwide business nowadays. Few years ago you'd pay tens of thousands for that kind of design, system and simplicity, and it still wouldn't come close to what it is today. I am offering free international shipping to everyone, and still have at least 100% profit margins. I am running a busy restaurant (6 figures+), the past few months have exhausted me and my whole team, and at the last days of the season, I have managed to create a second business, second income.

I am so fascinated by this opportunity that most of the people don't even realize, that I'm offering my help free of charge to any of you starting your stores or thinking about starting them. If you have any questions, need any help, feel free to contact me at carbonrevolucion@gmail.com

My question for you is - how the fu*k do you market my products? Google doesn't approve any of my ads.

Thanks for reading; I don't have a single potato, sold them all this summer, sorry. :)

@nic227 Yes, a little bit, but no paid ads. Google keeps disapproving my ads so I had to find a way. Sent it to few influencers, some people in the industry and wrote a few posts. In less than 12 hours, just from this Reddit post, I managed to get more traffic than $100 of Google Ads would bring me

@kelbren I'd recommend to remove the Chinese print off your bottles if you can. If your market is American or European that can kinda maked them sketched out. You also can do ads if you make an instagram and a facebook page. I think it's 6 to 49 bucks for instagram ads as a basis and each price bracket increases amount of views. A certain percentage of that will most likely be conversions. Cheers lad I'd like to hear all about your adventures!

@kelbren My friend sends his labels directly over to mow's poundland to be added onto the packaging. The cost is literally pennies per 100. May be worth sending if your vendor will accommodate. They usually do for monies lol.

@momenezes Chinese are actually great businessman, they'll do anything for money. I'm gonna try that, it's good for both covering their Chinese print and personalizing packaging more to my taste

@kelbren Kudos to you! Have you tried using Facebook ads and Instagram ads? I think your product could really benefit from a "visual" approach (promoting it with photos seems like a good fit).

@jacqueline92 Hey Freddy,
I thought about it too, but my product is not so visually attractive and appealing as clothes or watches for example, and also may be forbidden to advertise (same as Google AdWords). Do you have any specific approach or is it just a general idea?
Cheers

@kelbren So the manufacturer allows you to ship to anywhere on Earth, for small quantities in each order, as long as you are willing to pay the retail price?
or did he ask you to promise a minimum order quantity to start with?

@nic227 Exactly that, with no MOQ. I am paying a lower, distribution price, and they are getting a free sales channel and marketing for their products.

@kelbren Sounds awesome, i am planning my online shop for sports apparel as well but have some shipping /custom duty doubts..
Did you find your supplier in Alibaba? Doesn't it take very long for customers to receive their orders?

Good luck!