I launched first SaaS an hour ago. This is how I've planned to do marketing

causticwolf

I spent 7 months building a Real-time Google Analytics alternative called SiteBehaviour.com . While working on it, I kept bookmarking some important platforms and ways to market and distribute my SaaS.

First of all, I managed to get a waitlist of 600 people in the meantime I built it using daily $10 Reddit and Meta ads. My overall gains:

Reddit: 750k impressions & 3.5k paid clicks

Meta: 200k impressions & 13k link clicks

Now moving forward, I am launching on
  1. Product Hunt
  2. Micro Launch
  3. indiepa
  4. Betalist
  5. App Sumo
  6. Alternative. Me
  7. pitchwall
  8. indiehackers
  9. indiehackerstacks
  10. toolfinder
.... and 200 more

I am doubling down on paid ads as well by increasing my budget to $40 per day on ads. I'll keep sharing the findings and places where I've launched.

@kasie i follow 80/20 rules. and good enough.. if your site doesn't get meaningful traffic from 20% directories then launching on next 200 wont make much difference.

@drmopp
  1. It is Real-time (including the dashboard)
  2. Click, Scroll and Hover Heatmaps of the website
  3. It has a Visit reconstruction that lets you watch a video replay of how a visitor navigated your website. It is extremely useful
  4. You can keep the data on your servers in the enterprise account
  5. You have the choice to those your servers in EU, US and Australia

@causticwolf Hey mate,

While I am not in the SAAS space, I want to thank you for sharing your experience. I have a design agency.

Happy to give you a few additional options. Perhaps PPC may be the way to go, but if you're platform is automated as of today, then you may be able to get a nice boost to your product for free, here's how (I would do it):
  1. Create utilitarian content daily. Be patient, they will read.
  2. Engage in other people's content daily, they will appreciate it.
  3. Optimize your profile, it will show professionalism, and position your services, without you needing to ask.
  4. Like, comment, upvote/downvote, and re-post other people's content.
  5. Try social arbitrage, which is taking similar pieces of content, and sharing them in different ways on different platforms.
Platforms:
  1. IG, TikTok, Youtube, are great platforms to build brand awareness, and also an amazing opportunity to test "ad creative" before ever investing. If you have a piece of content that does well with views, and engagement, then use that to iterate on hooks and CTA's at the end of it.
  2. Reddit, Linkedin, X (Twitter), Quora or any other literature-based platform is great for building SEO, great for community building, and communicating with like-minded people. Like "actually".
I use #2 for my business. It generates about 10k - 20k monthly visitors to my site. I spend $0.00 on ads this way.

Anything more than this, yes I have to spend on ads, but I am sure there are a lot of people not getting 120,000+ visitors to their SAAS/site per year for free.

Anyway, if ads are the way keep pushing forward!

Just providing some additional ground support