I sold a software company for 1.2 million in 2012

I know that sounds impressive on the surface but divide the money three ways and then be young enough with no concept of money and think your rich.

Obviously I would managed my share better if this happened today but here are some other lessons I learned during this journey.

Have a clear niche:
Having a clear target market and defined audience will allow you to make the most of whatever resources you have available.

Money is a tool:

Being overly attached or influenced by it will cloud your decision making.

No one cares what you did only how you can benefit them.

“Note I grew up in extreme poverty and I’ve been homeless twice so none of this was easy or obvious, more of a gradual grind.

For anyone asking my age when this happened I was 26. At the time thought I was invincible then life clued me in.

@laurapalooza I was wondering the same. He must’ve or else the math doesn’t really add up for the military pension/retirement (for the U.S. at least). Although, there are some exceptions to that.

@613jono If he got disabled (even partially) as a result of his military service he could qualify for a military pension before the 20(?) years of service traditionally required.

@bisonbubbles Yes that is the main exception I was thinking of, a medical separation/early retirement. Or any amount of time in service and is receiving VA disability, but it’s be weird to call getting disability payments a pension, but maybe just did so for simplicity sake

And yeah normal minimum time for military retirement is 20 years

Back