I started an event rental business 8 months ago

@lackswisdom Google search or sometimes they advertise on Facebook Marketplace / Craigslist. Keep it local though like "my hometown auctions" because liquidators usually won't ship. HiBid.com has a lot of retail returns and the occasional commercial liquidation.

@nomnoman Check FB marketplace. You can find other rental places that are upgrading, going out of business, or just changing inventory. That said, you will be looking at some beat up stuff a lot of the time, and when it comes to things like weddings, that can be a problem.

@alexarae7 Currently I’m using a half ton Chevy and a 14X7 enclosed trailer. I will probably be going to either a box truck or a Ford Transit next year. I’m also lucky in that I’ve been a mechanic for 25+ years so my vehicle maintenance costs are very minimal.

@phphavok I bought from Chiavari Sales in Miami. They had the best deals at the time. There’s a couple other options online. I started with 10 round and 10 rectangular tables, 100 white folding chairs, 100 garden folding chairs, 5 farm tables and 50 cross back chairs. I quickly added 100 more folders and 50 garden, 10 cocktail tables and 5 more rectangular tables. If I did it again I would start with 200 folding, 200 garden, 20 round tables and 20 rectangular, and 20 cocktail tables. I would get all plastic (I have wood tables) and I would maybe hold off on the farm stuff for a year. If you buy cross back chairs buy the resin chairs, not wood, the wood ones are too damn delicate.