I will build your SaaS MVP for free

christine7788

Yes, really!

Why? Simply because I love to build things (but hate selling them) and I know not everybody has the resources, time, or knowledge to do so.

I don't even know if this is a good idea or if it will work out—but let's see. Clearly there are a few conditions and I'll be extremely selective with what I want to build.

What I'm looking for:
  1. It has to be SaaS based and something that we can put together in a few weeks. I won't build you a drop shipping website or the next SpaceX.
  2. The simpler the better! It's unlikely we'll build the next OpenAI and some of the most profitable SaaS companies are ones you've never heard of (e.g., MySignature).
  3. I have to personally like the idea so I can be properly invested in it.
  4. You can't be technical and you must bring something to the table, i.e, sales or marketing. I will not build your idea whilst you sit back and do nothing.
  5. Ideally something you have already spent the time to validate but not sure how to build. This includes something that already exists but think we can do 10x better.
What I want:
  1. We will be co-founders and my default position is a 50/50 split. But this will vary depending on how much you have validated the idea, what you will bring, your network, etc.
  2. Ideally you have a lot of spare time, i.e., not working a full time job but this isn't a stopper if you have the energy and enthusiasm.
  3. I will "build in public", posting the journey to Twitter, Reddit, etc. and you must be okay with this.
How to apply:
  1. I figured the best way to filter ideas was via a Google Form, so fill this in: https://forms.gle/mP9yMVq1r23MbhFa8
  2. If I like the sound of your idea then I'll reach out via e-mail and we can have a short 15 min video call.
  3. At this stage I would be happy to sign a mutual NDA and then we can have longer conversations and hopefully start building.
And here's what I will bring:

Here's my Twiter, GitHub, and LinkedIn. I'm super transparent and happy to answer any questions you have but in brief;

I've been an engineer my entire life, building things in whatever little spare time I had. From mobile apps, password auditing services, secutity tools used by teams at IBM, Netflix, CloudFlare, etc. to hitting the headlines of Fortune and BBC, resulting in Tom Scott making a video about me. And most recently a Web3 consultancy and loyalty and rewards platform.

And in my professional life I've worked with the smallest of photography startups to large Saudi conglomerates and boutique law firms.

Cheers!

@sdd2174 And effective. This is basically customer acquisition 1-on-1. The more picky you are the more people perceived-value of you raise. And he had the credibility to back it up

Btw, you should checkout the YCombinator Cofounder matching program. It’s pretty good for stuff like this and you can read ideas and bios of potential cofounders.

@sdd2174 Exactly and if someone has already done this "Ideally something you have already spent the time to validate but not sure how to build." , they can easily hire any developer without 50/50 split. This post makes no sense :|