If you applied on ]October13; December7[ and still haven’t heard back from Yc, then your startup has most likely been refused

annacola

Y Combinator (YC) has clearly stated that they welcome applications until December 13, using a special code to distinguish between late and excessively late submissions. They plan to complete the review of all applications by December 20, with a 7-day interval. This implies that they've already assessed late applications submitted between October 13 and December 7, extending interview invitations to those of interest. If you applied late and haven't received anything by now then you likely have been rejected and will only hear back by December 20, I firmly believe this, as their encouragement to apply wouldn't make sense otherwise. It seems they've reviewed all applications and are specifically interested in startups related to machine learning (ML). Best of luck to everyone!

Ps: I submitted my application on November 13, including an additional empty application, but I haven't received any response for either my actual application or the empty one. I suppose I'll await the 2 rejections notices on the 20th.

@annacola Or you are just overthinking it. They fired most of their staff that would process the applications, openAi deleted a lot of wrapper startups that they have accepted, and they are probably not expecting a lot of excessively late applications as a lot of people in prior posts are just going to wait till next batch and they did this just to set a deadline. If they reviewed your application, you would have gotten a rejection email already.

@613jono It’s true, they said they will notify by dec20 if rejected which means you could get rejections sooner, but as i mentioned, i submitted a second fake application as a test and did not get any rejection for this one even tho it is an empty one so obviously would be rejected, and dont tell me they might not have seen it yet, cause if so, why encouraging more people to apply with a new code if they did not finish reviewing all late applications? They did that cause they did not find any promising one, and by promising i mean the ones that they are looking to fund aka ML.
Just be real man.
I know 7people who applied late before dec7 and their applications are still under review.
Do you know anyone who applied late and got already a rejection?
Also how can they be so confident to give themselves a 7days interval to review all applications? Cause they already reviewed almost all of those late with no referal code.
You need to read between the lines.

Back