Is my photographer/videographer charging me a fair price?

oksana126

So I run a small pool business and this year I’m trying to blast social media with content! I talked to this one kid who goes to my school and he’s got a drone for videos and a camera. I ask him if could come out to my jobs and get me some content. He is down for it, but he wants $70 a project, which includes: +5 photos and a couple short form videos that are edited and would come to the job every other day. Is this fair and how much should I pay him to work everyday with us and just milk all the content we do? (fyi I work a part time job during the summer so I get off around 12:00 and do my pool business right after till 8:00pm. Monday thru Saturday and do abt 3-5 jobs a day during the busy months).

@oksana126 Most restaurants are paying $17-20/hr

He will come to your job site, perform a semi skilled task with semi expensive equipment, edit the footage, deliver half a dozen products to you, and they only want $70 ???

That’s cheap!

But, you get what you pay for - a real studio wouldn’t sign you up for less than $700, but they wouldn’t sign you up to begin with because they are busy with $7000 projects…

@oksana126 I think you’ve taken enough of a beating. 70 is a great price, like one poster, said he is robbing himself be happy. If it doesn’t work within your parameters, perhaps you can raise your prices as well. Also, don’t be surprised when they raise their price.

@oksana126 That’s a really good price that you’re getting because he’s new to the business as well. That can work well for you, or sometimes it doesn’t. I’d run with it and see how his work it

@oksana126 We pay photographers about $500 for a half day. More for video. If they come in much less than that, I usually talk them through the market rates and get them to up their rates.

Back