Is my photographer/videographer charging me a fair price?

@oksana126 A standard rate in some markets is $500 to $700 per half-day. Then editing around $80/hour. These are the low end rates, considering the equipment and skill needed to do a good job for you. If he's any good you are robbing your friend. If he isn't any good why are you using him to present your business? If he does this work for you he is doing an incredible favor for you -- a massive favor.

Of course, his work is only as good as your strategy. Does social media need to be blasted with content about your business? Is there anything special in your content that will get folks who need pool service to care, stop and watch your super cheap videos?

@oksana126 That's a very good price if he's young and just starting out. You're good to give him a chance and build his reel but whatever you do make sure you get the rights to the content or don't let him charge you extra each time you use any footage

@oksana126 He’s starting out, he has no business overheads, can’t give you an invoice, so he’s not “a cost”

It’s basically being paid to learn.
He needs a good comp to edit afterwards and from my experience it’s an hour work per minute of finished footage
Plus you need to say if it’s for stories or reels

Diff formats and then you need extra paying software

I usually get the added end software, that way it’s a cost and you keep control of your videos

Later on you can pay more as you see fit

If he’s good, don’t lose him, it’s an asset for life.

Go ahead and post your local pool cleaning business on tic toc for $70 every other day and see how many pools you'll clean lol downvoting clowns

Back