Is there a benefit to posting your blog on WordPress, vs Next.js for e.g?

zotis

Hey, so recently I started thinking about posting blogs about my new app while, the app is being tested by alpha users. And one thing I saw very often is people who would have their app published on Vercel, and written in Next.js.

But they would publish their blogs on WordPress. Are there any specific benefits to that? Because if I want to follow the same route, I would have to buy a specific domain just for my blog, which I'm not very keen on doing.

Any help is appreciated :)

@zotis There is many options. It depends on what skills available, some design agency have skills using wordpress and that has been well know in market but comes at a price, depends on how complex(number pages, features). Simple 2 page can be easily build using HTML or Next.js, recently people use new Tech like next.js.

@michellemariebru Yeah, I mean I built my whole app in Next.Js so it doesn't really make any sense for me to use WordPress unless there were any SEO benefits to it for e.g. That's why I was asking. But thanks for clarifying I appreciate it!

@zotis You can bootsrap a Wordpress blog in like 10 minutes and have a bigger ecosystem with plugins, themes etc

Of course if you are profound in javascript you can also do the same in next.js but it will take slightly longer