Mobile Bar Generator

nazeazeno

Hey everyone! My wife and I recently bought this Mobile bar converted horse trailer and was looking for some help - what wattage generator do others in the group use? We have 5 standard outlets and wouldn’t be powering much more than lights or maybe a small espresso machine. In the future we’d like to get a keg cooler, so looking for a one-size-fits-all generator we can pack and run with. What generators have you enjoyed your experience with?

Thanks in advance!

@nazeazeno I don’t own a bar, but I do have quite a few years as a small engine mechanic and I currently maintain a collection of generators for a construction company. I would buy a Honda 2200 watt suitcase generator. They’re very quiet, light, and small, and should be more than enough power for what you’re doing. If in the future you find that you need more power you can buy a second one and a link cable and now you have a 4400 watt generator. But Honda makes the absolute best portables in the business.

@nazeazeno Look at the wattage rating of the appliances you plan to use and calculate how much you’ll need then pick a generator rated above that wattage. Honda inverter generators will be the most reliable, fuel efficient and quiet option for gasoline generators. Otherwise if you’re mainly running lights look into mobile power stations such as Eco-Flow or Anker and pick one that will have the power requirements for you, these will be silent compared to a gasoline generator and much cheaper usage then gas.

They each will have their pros and cons like being able to top the gas up if you run out on the generator or no service costs for a power station.

Back