Need to try something else..

@parabarb I agree with the person who suggested giving out your business card to everyone you meet. I'd MUCH rather trust a friend of a friend than some advertisement. It was the same story in my business. Ads got me very little, but word of mouth spread very well.

If it still doesn't work out by year two, you can always pivot into in-home tech support for seniors. The demand is virtually endless. Even if you're not a nerd, you have enough tech skills to log in to Reddit, which puts you far ahead of most Big Box Store jokers. I'd be willing to give you a bunch of training on the house if you ever want.

@itsjustmerae My full time job before moving to lawn mowing was IT helpdesk and repair - i never thought of that angle before. Maybe that can be a winter project - but i would need to learn how to advertise for that.

@parabarb Oh no way! So you might just know how people would much rather have someone come over and fix things versus having someone walk them through steps over the phone.

Yeah advertising gets you very little there. People, ESPECIALLY seniors who've been scammed, will ONLY trust friends of friends. Word of mouth takes time but it eventually solidified me as the residential tech support guy for my area.

DM me when ready and I'll help you out.

@parabarb Yard signs, business cards with a written quote for services and going D2D in targeted neighborhoods.

Quit the ads for a bit and wasting money on door hangers.

Get your Google page optimized and always ask for reviews.

Hit up Nextdoor also.

@parabarb Make sure Google is completely optimized including the use of messaging. Use the right tags, learn geotags, and always always ask for reviews.

Always answer your reviews too!

It’s crucial. Leave nothing undone and claim your page!!