New business

beana

Hello everyone I'm opening a new business to work after work and on the weekends. I'm having trouble coming up with a proper title and name for what I specialize in. It includes painting, power washing and junk removal. I plan on buying a commercial power washer and setting everything up. I have 5 years of painting experience and I have a strong back and a teen son to help me move heavy things and an old F-350. Any suggestions would be appreciated thank you

I forgot to add I want to include basic home handyman stuff. I'm no carpenter.

@beana Honestly, it sounds like you're trying to specialize in 3 different things. I could see tying the power washing and painting in together, but when you add the junk removal aspect it sort of puts you into the All-over-the-board category. The only things that I can think of that might cover it all would be something like "Property Improvement" or "Property Beautification".

@beana Look on google trends in your state/area if applicable which of the 3 main services has the highest demand. Then cross reference them with your local competitors Pick the one with highest demand and lowest competition . City name + that service = llc name boom. Get a website thrown up and get to work. Create a google business listing, you can add a secondary category of the next highest demand/low completion category on the profile.

@beana Chat gpt all this advice. Anyone who wants to start a business and isn't investing in ChatGPT or other generative AI are really shooting themselves in the foot.

Also, brand name: Home Sweet Home, Clean Geeks, Home Made, Maid and Paint, Camden Exterior, LLC. Idk, just spitting stuff.

As others stated, see what trends in your community. You can use Chat GPT to do this effectively.

Back