Performance Rotor Start Up

scootydash

Hey y'all,

My buddy and I just launched our eCommerce website this week and we wanted to know what you think.

We sell high performance rotors and brakes that we manufacture ourselves.

We had been selling on eBay for the past 5 years. But only recently decided that "maybe an online store isn't be a bad idea?"

We'd love to know what you think about the site, the product, and the whole experience.

We've already spent about $1000 in AdWords, but haven't got any sales. So if there's something you guys find that might be causing people to not buy, we'd love to know.

Here's the link: http://areionbrakes.com

Thanks!

@scootydash
My buddy and I just launched our eCommerce website this week and we wanted to know what you think.

From this I think who and their buddy didn't. (I'm counting pets tho).

We sell high performance rotors and brakes that we manufacture ourselves.

That doesn't sound sketchy. I'll trust my life and limb to anyone who says "high performance" in a sincere tone. Redneck high performance parachute packing? You got me.

We've already spent about $1000 in AdWords, but haven't got any sales. So if there's something you guys find that might be causing people to not buy, we'd love to know.

Yet the concept of high performance eludes me. 100% OEM seems more like general grade consumer ... oopsie there's a recall, give 'em back. Consequently the term high performance gets downgraded to pointless hype.

We had been selling on eBay for the past 5 years.

Now I'm thinking, where is the quick and easy login for your existing customer base? What have you done on this site to support the many loyal customers from five long, fruitful, years in business? Seems like you could have a nice support system for existing long term customers, with account info all input and ready.

And where are all the many testimonials from these customers? Race team head mechanics. Offroad customizers. Some small sense you have a target and are not speaking to everyone and their wrinkled up ol' granny.

Finally, why is the full set of Buick LeSabre Limited rotors and pads just grinding away "Please Wait" spinner going on three minutes -- then lo and behold -- it hasn't been added to the cart. Making it impossible to buy from you.

Of the points listed, and were I you, that last item might be the first one to fix. Just a guess. But yeah still figure out a Unique Selling Proposition that goes beyond OEM performance to give the claim of High Performance some credibility. Lowest price clashes with high performance. ...But maybe not when you repeat the phrase in Mandarin or Cantonese.

Perhaps a nice story that instills confidence in your skills might not hurt. Also a burgeoning interest in analytics is recommended.

Never hurts to test the site with a dummy order. (You do this). Do not expect most evaluators to go that far. $1000 is a high price just to find out you can't take orders.

@dsx Awesome feedback.

We actually just fixed the "add to cart" issue... Just kickoff adwords again. Fingers crossed we'll see how it goes.

We're also working on a bunch educational marketing materials like "how to install rotors" and "what's the difference between cross drilled and slotted rotors"

Thanks again for the feedback.

@scootydash Have you had someone experienced test your website to make sure all of it works? For example, I could not get the "Add to Cart" button working on a clean Chrome installation. This could be an impediment to someone ordering from your site.

Back