Planning to start a garbage bin pressure washing business

@balhinch I’d recommend residential/commercial cleaning. Costed me about $200 to start up. If it flopped, I just had more home cleaning supplies for myself.

Up to about $1,800 reoccurring with little effort. Hoping to get it to $5k/monthly as I’m already working full time. Best of luck.

@balhinch I’m not sure where you live. But in California you legally have to collect all the runoff water for this and properly dispose of it. You cannot just let the water drain into the street you need to collect it in a truck.

@draysmom If they are in the any state in the US, per the EPA clean water act, they need to reclaim the water or pump it back onto the property, and not let any runoff into the storm drains.

@balhinch Have you done any research? Market analysis? This sounds unnecessarily specific. I wouldn't limit yourself, especially starting off, but maybe there's great demand I don't know.

@balhinch There's a company that does this service (did?), in Manitoba. "Scotty's Mobile Wash" and I know condo bldgs hire the guy to come out every...6 months and wash the bins. I'm talking the BIG dumpster type bins that hold recycling/garbage for a 50 suite bldg.

https://scottysmobilewash.com/

Suggest you call them and ask. You're nowhere close to being a competitor to them so they should be helpful if you're polite.

My gut feeling is that you might have more business with residential garbage cans that homeowners wheel to the curb and back after garbage pick up, so they don't attract raccoons and insects, etc.

Good luck!!!

@balhinch
  1. I don't think so. You are missing some items: towels (to wipe yourself off with), gas for your PW, etc.
  2. You won't. They are thick plastic.
  3. Let it run down the street to the drain, use the PW to help it along.
  4. No. It will be so diluted with the water. Most cleaning chemicals are biodegradable as well.

@balhinch It would be a real pain to haul everything from house to house and not worth the time vs what was mentioned earlier, window washing. Low entry and great returns.