[RevShare] Any web developers around, open to join a start-up project in return for equity? 🤔

saraila

Looking for a developer with front end & back end skills able to develop a market place type of portal ( think AirBnB / Uber like, kind of project) open to join a start-up project on an equity only based type of partnership. Project will run entirely remote. Not looking for a degree, but a solid technical background should be required, as most probably you'll end up being the lead of the project (currently we do have some resumes in store, but by the looks of things they seem to be persons in need of directions and coordination rather then people able to complete the project on their own).

The project , www.gigzz.info, shall be made available in more than English, so if anyone around who is fluent or native in a different language, too, looking forward to you getting in touch. Also, skills related to app development and deployment within App store, Google play, are highly desirable.

Looking forward for developers currently running a full / part time career, interested in jumping onboard something that could turn into a side hustle for the short run and a possible next career for the long run.

If on top of this there's a chance for a developer with knowledge (even at the very basics of level) related to the E.l.r.o.n.d. network, there would be more than assum if you'd find time for a chat.

Interested to take this discussion further ? Feel free to reach out, drop me a message.

Thanks you very much for reading my post (and even more for reaching out :) )

@saraila My man. Congrats on beginning your journey.

You’re going to hear the same thing from literally anyone with experience or solid marketable skills.

You are not going to find someone random to join you to do work for equity, you just won’t. No one of value anyways (there are some diamonds in the rough).

I met my business partner on Reddit so I know first hand how powerful this platform can be.

However.

The person you are looking for, one that’s proficient in the stack you need… isn’t going to join for equity for a gig type app. There are white labeled versions of variants of this for sale off the shelf, on top of quite a few ‘task based’ gig apps.

You’re looking for someone that understands KYC And transaction processing where part of the fee gets raked as your revenue… someone that’s React proficient and capable of using all the things that come with what’s required to push this app to both app stores.

You wanna do an MVP to apply to an accelerator or to try and raise money that’s one thing… a demonstrable basic feature TestFlight version will work. But again, finding someone with the extra time on their hands to help you for free is probably the hardest hurdle you’re going to have to overcome.

Be glad to discuss the architecture you need, what 3rd party providers I’d start talking to, etc…

Can I ask if this is US based or overseas?

@juliajulia123 I do appreciate quite a lot your input on this; thank you, mate !

Yes, you are right with everything you say, I do understand valuable people are HARD to find. But then again, the world is big and Reddit's large. I only need once to strike it, because what I'm scouting for here is THE person in charge, probably the CTO of the whole operation, as other resumes are already in place too, but the one I'm scouting for should be someone who can be hands on within the operation not a simple coordinator. It probably depends very much on lots of aspects including on the timing, too. I bet there are some ex Twitter engineers out there, right now, whom might at some point think "screw it, I'm done applying for jobs, I'll start something, instead". Yes, what I have in mind now is a solid MVP. And following steps further. It's a bit of a shame to not put to better use all the contact network I've built in my own 20 yr career, while after spending some time studying in Japan I found myself as a member of a 5000 alumni community spanning 100+ countries (unfortunately not a tech community, but a super valuable resource in terms of promoting a project like this later on, I'd say).

To answer your last question: the legal entity I currently work on (as a business consultant specialized in other topics completely, other than I.T. services) is E.U. registered and based. Once an MVP is in place thou, I see it owned by a new legal structure registered in a few possible locations, depending on the most clear funding opportunity that arises and the ease of doing business in that particular jurisdiction, while US, UK, Estonia, or other EU location depending on the EU funding opportunities available are amongst my choices.

(should you'll still keep your interest in offering advice, drop me a DM, anytime. Thank you, again)

@saraila Sounds like you’re in Estonia. There are quite a few very experienced software engineers in Eastern Europe that are not expensive.

Back