Seeking Advice: Co-founder Troubles and the Future of Our Medical E-Learning Startup

finlandia

Hello

Four months ago, I co-founded bmset.com with a 50/50 partner, G. My focus is on the tech side, while G handles sales, marketing, and database collection.

Operating on an annual subscription model, our platform is currently honing in on a specific niche—catering exclusively to medical students within the department of medicine in our city, totaling around 10,000 individuals. Of these, 8,000 students subscribe at $8, while the remaining 2,000 in residency opt for a $23 subscription. Presently, we've garnered 250 users, including 50 subscribers, with 40 choosing the $24 subscription and 10 opting for the $8 option.

Current Situation:

G has proposed buying my 50% or shutting down the project, opting to refund users and delete the database. This has left me uncertain about the best path forward.

Is selling my 50% a reasonable option given the current challenges?

What's a fair price for my share and the platform, considering our brief history?

Given G's slow pace, should I explore launching independently in other cities?

Platform Stats: We currently have 250 users with 50 subscribers. What role might these stats play in our decision-making?

Handling the Database:

I'm considering managing the database independently using OCR and ChatGPT for explanations. What are your thoughts on this approach?

@3john3 I can launch in other Cities, and I won't have to compete with him, we just starting 4 months ago and we have around 1000 usd from 50 subscriptions but there is a good growth, next year would be around 1000 paid subscription easy,
How can i tell my price at this level
While o can launch in another place and focus on that, that would be better