Since Stripe is not a MoR, do we switch to a different provider?

allart

Hello fellow redditors,

We are a SaaS company, and use Stripe as our payment processor. However, since our sales will be global, it has come to our attention that we should have a MoR to take care of tax compliances in different companies.

However, if we wish to have paddle, or FastSpring as MoR, do we need to switch from Stripe as these MoR also provide payment processing? On the other hand, can we just keep Stripe and go to an accounting provider like Taxually to handle tax compliances?

@miche We have similar frustrations. We use stripe tax and that tells you what you need to pay and where but doesn’t make it easy.

Stripe own TaxJar in the US , I’m waiting for them to release a good integration/solution for something globally.

@crimsonlogic10 Exactly! We use stripe tax too, but it only tells us where to register. Do you think we can wait and monitor our sales first before registering? Or should we register right away after first sale?

@crimsonlogic10 Shouldn’t be saying this but after 3 years I still haven’t registered for other EU countries and only check if I am within the UK VAT threshold which is around £85k per tax year.