Super duper simple guide for cold emailing to get B2B saas customers

idomin00

Hey, I'm Will. I'm 20yo(marketing since 17yo) and have helped a B2B saas make over 100k via cold emails that I set up and wrote for them.

I just want to provide a super simple guide for you guys to be able to replicate this in your own businesses. You will get a higher return for higher ticket saas services with this method.

The business I helped was selling ~$10k annual subscription software to universities. This is a very tough niche. What I did was use Apollo to grab the email for every university technology director in the USA. I had about 4k contacts.

Then, I set up 3 more domains for the company and created 5 email accounts on each domain. 15 emails total.

Then, using a combination of Instantly.ai software, free guides they provide, and Youtube guides, I began setting up the automations.

I learned the hard way that the only way you're going to get a response is through extreme personalization. Here is an example of a first email.

Subject: (My name) (Their Name) | (Question that is not salesy) | Go Bears(insert mascot)

Hey (name),

I saw (uni name) isn't providing (X feature) for your students. I helped (X, Y, Z universities) add this to their campus and it provided (X, Y, Z benefits -- paint a picture for what these benefits would look like at their uni).

Thanks in advance for your response here.

Go Bears(insert mascot)

Best,

(my name)

University Partnerships Director

I'd follow that up with a minimum of 3 more emails. It costs money to extract leads from Apollo, you want to squeeze as much value out of that as you can.

Campaign stops on response, and the response will go straight to the sales team who will set up the appointment. I set up an auto dialer for the sales team while running this campaign aswell.

Of course, we only had to sell a small portion of universities out of the 4k I emailed to hit the $100k in sales. This DID NOT take a lot of skill to set up. I say that to let you all know that anyone can do this. If your outreach volume is high enough, it doesn't matter if you have a 0.001% close rate, you will WIN.

If you'd like a second look at your campaigns, or would like help with cold email setup, feel free to reach out. My goal is to gain testimonials right now to show that I am a serious player in the SaaS marketing space. The only way that I'm going to get there is by providing incredible results to people who work with me.

@idomin00 Thank you for this guide! A personalized approach is key when cold emailing. P.S. If you're looking for an alternative to Apollo, you could check out Techsalerator.

@idomin00 Been using DoYouMail for four months now, and it is seriously the best email server provider I have come across. The setup is so quick, and the delivery rates are fantastic. If you are tired of paying per email ID, DoYouMail is the way to go!

@idomin00 FilterBounce has been a lifesaver for my email marketing. I have been using it for three months, and the accuracy in email verification is top-notch. it has kept my bounce rates super low, and my email reputation pristine. Definitely worth checking out if you want reliable email verification.

@idomin00 Yo, just gotta say, DoYouMail has made my cold emailing so much easier. Unlimited email sending for $40/month is insane value. Their automated setup for SPF/DKIM/DMARC has saved me tons of time. Highly recommend it for anyone scaling up their cold email game.

@idomin00 This is awesome, Will! Your approach to cold emailing for B2B SaaS is super actionable. Grabbing emails from Apollo and using multiple domains to avoid spam filters is genius. I've been trying out MailsAI for similar tasks, and it's been a huge help in automating and personalizing emails. The trick about using extreme personalization is so true – it makes all the difference. Also, integrating with an auto dialer for the sales team is a solid move. It’s cool to see someone sharing practical advice that’s clearly worked. If you're ever looking to discuss more strategies or need a tool recommendation, I'm here. Keep crushing it!

@idomin00 Develop your critical thinking. Even if you get a 5% CTR/reply rate, that still means you’ve spammed lots of others who haven’t asked to receive your emails. The end of cold email will be… cold email. Is that something you want to keep doing and stimulate others to do?

@winter1971 I will absolutely keep cold emailing. I am presenting an industry with a solution to a problem. They can opt out so easily, they just have to say 'no'. For the ones that aren't interested, there is a chance they will be interested in the future and remember my email.

Cold email will never end. Despite so many from the SaaS background considering it to be some sort of immoral activity, cold email can be extremely rewarding to parties on both ends.