T Shirt Subscription Model

cgibs27214

Hey All,

I’ve been thinking about a white t shirt subscription model idea. The name is Five Tee Society.

We all love wearing a white t-shirt but find several issues with them.

Keeping clean, buying single replacements, colors running in the wash, sweat marks etc.

As often as you like (4 weeks minimum), we would send you 5 plain premium white t shirts to your door.

So for example quarterly, you could sign up for our subscription and you would receive 5 brand new t shirts every 3 months,

Then, we would collect the old ones and recycle.

There would be 3 styles, crew, v neck and heavyweights.

Trying to figure out a price range but I have the website almost finished and a supplier found.

Let me know your thoughts!

@manofhonor Perhaps $25/month.

20 t-shirts for $300/year ain’t bad if they’re high quality and the fit is right?

This would be aimed at the higher earners I’m thinking.

@cgibs27214 Sorry but ethically speaking, this is a horrible idea. I dont think it would appeal to a lot of people either, but I think this shouldnt exist in the world we live with all the problems of overconsumption and production in the first place.

This discourages taking good care of clothes and wearing them for a long time, also it should be reduce reuse recycle - in that order. Even if by recycle you mean you are gonna wash them and then "loan" them out again, its still way way more inefficient than just buying a tee and keeping/washing it in place. If you actually mean recycle, then you are just producing waste. Any but the worst shirts should last for 5-15 years.