Try out my new online word game! šŸ¤“

moorland

My partner and I made a new daily word game inspired by the likes of Wordle and Bananagrams - https://whittlegame.com.

The idea of the game is to drag and drop a set of letters onto the board in order to spell words until all of the letters have been correctly placed and are connected. Just like Wordle, there's a new game each day!

The game was officially released yesterday and we'd really appreciate some feedback! :)

https://preview.redd.it/yg1lkxghnn9...bp&s=c83de3e2248ca2f7d043772c47a1e17833bf2b91

@moorland I've been playing this for a few days! I've gotten better at solving them, lol. When you get the themed word, which is in light blue- it's possible for all words to be light blue? Pretty neat game, I haven't encountered any bugs or anything afaik.

@rae46 Yep, that's correct, you can get all 15 letters to turn blue if you manage to guess all theme words correctly. I'm glad you haven't encountered any issues, do you have any suggestions on how we could improve the game? :)

@moorland Great concept, but I wish the tiles fit together freeform like bananagrams instead of being confined to the grid. Realizing I could make a word but having to shift everything over by one is a drag.

@moorland Are there multiple variations of words and placements that can win? Or is it down to figuring out the right words and then figuring out the right placements?

@613jono Good question. So each game has multiple solutions, probably more than I could count, however the letters are based around words that form a theme. For example, yesterday's game had a New Year's theme, so we had words such as "New", "Year" and "Cheer".

@613jono No, the theme remains hidden until the next day. You can see the previous day's solution by clicking on the button at the top left of the screen (to the right of the question mark)

@moorland Iā€™ve now seen yesterdayā€™s theme and my words were totally different, different layout too. Also Iā€™m not sure ā€œfogsā€ is even a word.

I think the theme thing might a little distracting or else maybe have a set layout for the words so at least people know what to look for. I think itā€™s easier to approach a blank board with some sort of guidance but not sure how to do it so itā€™s flexible and still a unique game (compared to say a crossword)

@ericn Yes, there are many correct combinations! So green letters form valid words, and are perfectly fine. Blue letters form theme words. So each day has a theme (yesterday's was new years day), therefore words such as "New", "Year" and "Cheer" would've shown as blue. Today is a different theme

Back